Notice from Ardara Health Centre
Stay updated at: ardaraprimarycarecentre.ie/Covid19/Covid19%20update.html
General advice in relation to Coronavirus
- If you have recently been in an affected area
- in contact with a person who has coronavirus
- in a hospital or healthcare centre where people are being treated for coronavirus
HSELive on 1850 24 1850
HSELive is open Monday to Friday 8am – 8pm and 10am – 5pm on Saturday and Sunday
What you will need to do:
- stay indoors
- avoid contact with other people
- follow this advice even if your symptoms are mild
- Pay extra attention to personal hygiene. Regular washing of hands with soap and warm water can make a big difference
Important information relating to Ardara Health Centre and Covid19 spread.
Please do not call the surgery for general information about Covid19. Ring the above HseLive 1850241850
Our aims are:
- To try and keep the Ardara Health Centre operational and available to patients that require medical assistance.
- To limit as much as possible vulnerable people contracting this viral illness.
The symptoms of this viral illness are:
- Fever or high temperature
- Runny nose
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
A doctors “waiting room” can act as a significant source of spread of infection. Because Covid19 is now spreading within communities, Tuesday morning walk-in blood clinics and all afternoon walk-in clinics at Ardara Health Centre have been cancelled until further notice.
If you need your blood taken you have to phone and make an appointment. Afternoon visits to the surgery are now by appointment only. If you need certs of any description or documents signed by the doctor please phone first and it will be arranged for you.
The surgery Number is 0749541134
St. Patrick’s Parade Cancelled
As a precautionary measure due to the continuing Covid19 flu outbreak, our St. Patrick’s Parade has been cancelled this Sunday. Many Thanks to all those who intended to take part and to Margaret Boyle for her sterling work again. We will be back bigger and better in 2021.
Ardara Walking Festival
For more information or to book a walk:
Email: email@example.com or
Phone/text Kevin: 087-6734875 or
Click “Reserve a Space” on the Ardara Walking Festival event page on Facebook
- Good hiking gear essential on both days as ye know weather can be a little changeable on the hills. Spare warm clothes are a great idea.
- Please bring a flask, ample food and water for the day.
- Let leaders know of any need-to-know ailments. Discretion guaranteed.
- Be aware it’s lambing season and not to startle sheep. No dogs on either day, sorry.
- Be aware of your capabilities. More difficult walks are aimed at more experienced hikers. The walk on Sunday is not a long walk but if weather permits it will be a little challenging.
Safety will come first so please don’t be offended if we have to make the call.
Looking forward to seeing you all. Lets have FUN!
The weekend programme is available on the Ardara Walking Festival page.
The Ardara Shows
The Ardara Show Committee are holding their first meeting of the year this Friday the 13th March at 9pm in the Community Centre. Everyone is welcome to attend.
The Flotto Results on Monday 9th March were: 2, 6, 8, and 22 and the nearest were Brid McHugh, Glengesh and Darren Whelan, Soul Hairdressing.
Gortnacart National School Enrolment
Anyone wishing to enrol their child for September 2020 please contact the school on 074-9541799 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Have a look at the school website: www.gortnacartns.com for all the activities and events in the school. Due to the size and location of our school we take into consideration each individual family and their needs.
Pop-up Art Gallery at Gortnacart NS
Gortnacart National School is hosting a ‘Pop-up Art Gallery’ this Thursday 12th of March between 6.30pm and 8.00pm.
Everyone is welcome on the night to view the children’s artwork. This would also be a great opportunity for any parent(s) of children starting primary school to come in and view the school and consider enrolment in September.
Date For Your Diary: A Night of Fashion
There will be a Pop-up Shop, Door Prizes and Raffle on the night.
Adm: €10 (Ticket only)
Doors open: 7.30pm
Show starts: 8.00pm
Donation to Ability Rocks.
Anniversary Masses This Week
For those viewing on the Church of the Holy Family webcam:
Wednesday at 7.30pm – Anniversary of James Daniel Gallagher
Thursday at 10.00am – Anniversary of Rose and Paddy Breslin
Friday at 10.00am – Anniversaries of Donal, Bridget & Kathleen Byrne
Saturday at 11.00am – Anniversary of John Gildea, Lurganboy
Saturday at 7.30pm – Anniversaries of John & Marie Molloy
The Community extends sympathy this week to Mary Byrne of the Murlin on the death of her brother Con McCole in Galway.